Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day #2: The Metal Bikini

There's absolutely nothing not awesome about a bikini made of metal. I mean, just look at it. It's a METAL BIKINI.

Picture Above: A Metal Bikini
This is not a logical material to build a bikini out of. As such, when I was a kid the idea was so fantastically ridiculous that just thinking about it cracked me up. This has not changed. The metal bikini was so influential to my childhood self that "metal bikini" was the shorthand for "Return of the Jedi". Many conversations about which movie to watch went like this:

"Want to watch Star Wars?"
"Which one?"
"Metal Bikini."

I've come to discover that this reaction to the metal bikini was not universal. University friends just look at me when I mention the endless joy it caused and they responded with a shrug, saying that they never really thought about the metal bikini being silly. To them it was just what one wore when chained to a giant slug I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment